Maybe I am missing something, but isn't this whole issue about distributing
a compiler with JBoss so the user doesn't have to download the JDK and edit
a configuration file to point to it?

If that is the case, can't we distribute jikes?

-Phil

                    "Scott M Stark"

                    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                    To:     "JBossDev
\(E-mail\)"
                    Sent by:
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                    [EMAIL PROTECTED]        cc:

                    eforge.net                                 Subject:     Re:
[JBoss-dev] RH: tools.jar
                                                               (javac)...

                    11/13/2001 05:37 PM

                    Please respond to "Scott M Stark"

That is how both the bundled tomcat and standalone tomcat handles this.
You have to have the JDK tools.jar, or jikes, or some other compiler
configured
as part of the installation. Since we can't bundle tools.jar and javac.jar
is
just a black box we don't want to include since it source for it can't be
obtained,
there is nothing we can do to make this a platform independent zero
configuration issue as far as I know.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Scott Stark
Chief Technology Officer