> > Ok, you are not getting it.
> >

> I am it's just that the moon is gone ;)
>

> > Although JBossCMP does not generate the column names you
> would like, the
> > system still runs.  Is that correct?  (i.e., this is still
> a suggestion)
> >

> If I use the jbosscmp-jdbc.xml file I can get it to work.

Do you have to use the jbosscmp-jdbc.xml file?  If you don't, what happens?
Does the system generate two columns with the same name?

> > Ok now that we agree on that.  How would you like the column names
> > generated? Be very very specific and take into consideraton
> the above
> > problems.
> >

> I do no want jboss to generate any column names. It's not necessary.
> Either the class field is the database column name or in
> jbosscmp-jdbc.xml you specify that class field x maps to
> database column
> y. If there is a name space collision then it is a database setup
> problem not JBOSS's and we should not be coding for it.

All column names are either generated, or specified in the jbosscmp-jdbc.xml
file.  Your opinion is that when jboss generates the column name for a
relationship fk it should first attempt to the name of the cmr-field
abstract accessors.  Problems occur when the entity does not have an
accessor for the relationship, and when the primary key related entity maps
to more then one db column.  What is your complete proposal for fk column
generation and relation-table column generation? Be specific.

> > As for my comment "easy to code,"  that is perfectly valid,
> as we are
> > shooting for CMP 2.0 compliance.  CMP 2.0 is a huge spec,
> so everything can
> > not be "perfect" in the first pass. Some of the
> implementation details get
> > implemnted the easy way.  There have to be priorities.
> >
> Yup, it's just this one looks like something that will fill
> the mailing lists. If you pulled together your test cases then I
> could probably have a look, you do not have to do this whole
> thing by yourself.

I know.  I am working on the todo list right now (which will be posted to
sf), and after that I will be adding my test cases.  For now, what is your
proposal?

-dain