-----Original Message-----
From: Mariano Kamp [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, January 18, 2002 10:01 PM
To: Khoa Do
Subject: RE: [JBoss-dev] Source code editors

I personally like http://www.eclipse.org very much. It is brandnew, but
quite stable and full of useful features. It looks a bit like VAJ (also from
OTI) and is very well thought out, even in the details. It is not giving you
any support for GUI editing and EJB stuff, but as it is open source... The
major backer is ibm. ibm builds there Websphere Studio Application Developer
on top of it. It has a great editor and refactoring browser. It supports
multiple vms and has some basic ant support which is supposed to grow
significantly in the new release. CVS support is built in. You can post bugs
and feature requests with bugzilla. Pretty good newsgroup support and loads
of documentation about extending it.

It is based on SWT (Standard Windowing Toolkit) though, which is implemented
native. Therefore when it comes down to the ui it is knocking off forte et
al., but is not as portable. motif (solaris, linux) and windows is available
at the moment. gtk almost finished and mac os in the very beginning.

Mariano