-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Bill
Burke
Sent: Friday, February 01, 2002 14:37
To: Jboss-Development@Lists. Sourceforge. Net
Subject: RE: [JBoss-dev] That flaming fireball in the sky...

Here's the full quote.  What the hell is WORA?

Marinescu: What is Sun's point of view in the debate over whether J2EE
licensing restricts open source J2EE products?

Shannon: Sun participates in open source because it helps spark innovation,
improve software quality, and fosters community. The source code for the
J2EE reference implementation is made available publicly as part of the Sun
Community Source Licensing program.

Sun supports open source developers because their efforts are consistent
with Sun's own computing vision which uses open standards and
non-proprietary interfaces. Sun's goal is to make our software as open as
possible while ensuring portability and WORA.

Tegan: At the same time, having a strong brand and compatibility standards
are important to the development of a robust market for J2EE platform
products, tools, and components. The J2EE Compatible brand has achieved
significant momentum over the past two years, and we want to make sure that
any open source efforts don't impact the viability of that effort.