On Mon, 25 Feb 2002, Jason Dillon wrote:

> Looks like the default URL system doesn't work too well with our custom
> class loading stuff... so I implemented a factory that does the same
> thing that would happened if our classes were on the system cl and we
> set the pkgs prop.  ServerImpl installs this factory now instead of
> setting the sys prop.

You might still want to look in a list of locations, so it all doesn't have to
be in one 'package'.

> BTW, this *should* work for other handlers which are not in the
> jboss-common.jar as long as they are in the org.jboss.net.protocol
> package and have a public Handler class with a default or public no-args
> constructor.

Yeah, like when I write URL support for .ar, .cpio, .tar, and .deb.  :)

.ar -> single format
.cpio -> binary and compat formats
.tar -> posix, gnu, sysv filename formats
.deb is a .ar wrapper around 2 tars.

(I already have all of the above in an abstract api, pure java, both
reading/writing, and direct indexing).

I've played around with reading of rpms, but they are quite a bit more
complex.  Also, I've looked at other DOS based formats, but they all like to
include their own compression code, and finding docs on that is complex at
best.