Right now, shutdown happens by stopping, destroying, and unregistering all
mbeans the ServiceController knows about.  Since MainDeployer is not one of
them, and since deployments are not usually mbeans themselves, this means
the deployers don't get to do any cleanup and that in particular the local
copies of deployed packages are never deleted.  This sucks, and several
people have complained about it.

We could:

1. Change shutdown so that MainDeployer is a registered mbean with
ServiceController, and it's destroy method simply kills all the local
copies.  This would presumably be about as fast as what we are doing now.

2. Change shutdown so that first all deployed packages are undeployed ( in
reverse order), then any remaining mbeans are stopped, destroyed, and
removed.  This is apt to take longer than what we do now, but does allow
deployers to do arbitrary cleanup.

3. Make all deployments into mbeans themselves, so when they are
stop/destroyed they clean themselves up.

Anyone have an opinion?  I favor (2 or 3) since we don't really know what
cleanup a particular deployer might like to do. (2) is simpler for now, (3)
might be for the future.

david jencks