real life thinking,

My wife is on the phone with a potential partner and they are asking how can
they drop their application in JBoss (with services and all).

It occurs to me that a directory with
myAppStuff/*.xml,*.jar

could be dynamically added to the MainDeployer and dynamically removed.

This means that to deploy the stuff you just add the directory and to remove
the stuff you just remove the directory entry from the MainDeployer.

This is even simpler SOOO

clustering would be

deploy/default/<all the default stuff>
deploy/disabled/<what you were doing there, james>
deploy/clustering/<ONLY THE CLUSTERING STUFF, BUT ALL OF IT>
deploy/yourOwnApp/<All the app stuff for you and nothing else>

right now removing a directory entry doesn't undeploy but that would be the
adaptation.

specifying a configuration amounts to specifying the list of directories the
autodeployer will deploy.  Ex clustering says
<mbean deployer>
<attribute
        name = "directories"
        value = "default,clustering,myApp"
        state-on-modification = "KEEP-RUNNING"/>
</mbean>

what do you guys think, instead of replicating the configurations we just
add directories

marcf