I don't know what is going on either, but the problem is occurring when the
cmp2 engine is trying to create a table during deployment of a bean.  IMO
it should be doing that in its own tx.  However it isn't normally coming
from an ejb call, so normally there is no tx context on the call.  Maybe
the MEJB needs tx attributes not supported on all its methods.

david jencks