From: "Marius Kotsbak" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Cc: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, May 10, 2002 11:51 AM
Subject: [JBoss-user] Re: AW: [JBoss-dev] JBoss.net idea for Macromedia
Flash support

> Is it possible to create flash without MM flash creator? Are there any
> free alternatives? What does JGenerator do?
>
> On fre, 2002-05-10 at 16:37, Darryl Thompson wrote:
> > Hello Fred,
> >   I am happy to here that someone will be providing JBoss integration to
Flash MX. I too saw the Macromedia demo at the recent JavaOne and was blown
away by the possibilities. I have been researching every workable (and FREE)
alternative to integrating J2EE server-side apps to a Flash rich-client
front-end. you mentioned having purchased Generator (which is being phased
out at MM) and in case you are not aware of it there is a free open-source
version called JGenerator which was written for Java (do a search on the web
for JGenerator). I use JBoss 2.4.4/Catalina and would really like to move
from Struts client UI to a Flash rich client while still using J2EE
(servlets/ejbs) components. I can't offer technical assistance but if you
need someone to beta test you work I would be happy to. I am very pleased
that the JBoss folks are keeping JBoss in the loop for what I believe will
be a really big paradigm shift in web app development.

http://jboss.org/forums/thread.jsp?forum=66&thread=13125