dislcaimer, a few beers in me after the laker game...

> The natural progression of all this separation of config and
> implementation is that we will begin encouraging people to take all the
> resources out of their ears and deploy them in lib/, then just drop the
> dds into deploy/.

Who gives a fuck?  My point from the begining was that you are forcing users to
unpack the fucking sar to change the config... which they will want todo.

> Ok, so they can edit their descriptors - but it's not J2EE, is it ?

Again who cares... j2ee blah.

> Likewise, the sar is a nice extension of the J2EE packaging metaphor.

Sar is nice when you need to group jars... or if you want to lock config.  I am
not saying that sar is bad... only that our usage of it with jetty is.

WE EXPECT PEOPLE TO CHANGE THE JETTY CONFIG... in fact all of the times I have
used JBoss3 in production (both at work and for the website) I have had to
change the config.

> It may not be perfect, but this is the platform that we are
> implementing, and I think consistency is important.
>
> Comments ?

Dude... what is the problem with a .sar/.jar + .xml?  2 files... big deal...
tell me what the problem is and we can work a solution.  I have already told you
over and over and now over agaion of the problem of shipping the jetty config
inside of a sar.

I am sorry if I seem harsh, but I think that the answere is obvious... but you
are still balking on it... why?

--jason