It seems to me that there's a bug in the Standard MBean system: in a
standard mbean, methods getProperty/setProperty result in a property named
"Property", not "property". I believe the latter conforms to the JavaBeans
standard. In other words, an mbean class with those methods would have to be
declared as follows:

<mbean code="monitor.JBossMonitor" name="hpg.test:service=monitor">
        <attribute name="Property">abc</attribute>
</mbean>

rather than:

<mbean code="monitor.JBossMonitor" name="hpg.test:service=monitor">
        <attribute name="property">abc</attribute>
</mbean>

because the later will result in a deployment exception.

This looks like it could be fixed within the org.jboss.mx packages, which
I'll happily do, but I'm wondering if it's actually a bug.

Hans Gilde