The HTTP RMI tunning is the shits. Firstly there is no option to go with
https without getting really ugly. Secondly, the whole cgi-script or
servlet which then calls the local rmi listener generates two network
calls for lookup. Since jetty is running in the container the servlet
lookup should be a local JNDI lookup.

If you read Holger's web site (http://smartcc.sourceforge.net)  he is
trying to cleanup EJB transport issues when firwalls are in the way.

I hope somebody with more knowledge than me steps up to the plate. I for
1 will be using this stuff..