> In both 3.0 and 3.1 the specification of the invoker to use
> for a bean is being done in the enterprise-beans element
> rather than in a container-configuration element. The
> invoker(s) is really more of a container config element
> associated with the client interceptor stack which is defined
> in the container-configuration. What is the rational for

Right, the invoker is indeed more of a client thing. However the
"container-configuration" refers to the server assembly of server side
interceptor and plugins.  I.e. the invoker configuration doesn't belong
here while you are right about identifying it as a pure client
interceptor + invoker configuration.

I will let Bill answer but I believe the "enterprise" beans is the EJB
persona of this configuration.  In the future this configuration should
be a generic "client interceptor + invoker" configuration snippet.  The
predecessor is this ejb one, the future one will be whatever and will
need to be a "client-container-configuration" element.

Marcf