Jetty makes an effort to avoid flushing the buffer - as this is not
very network efficient.

For example, if the includer has called getWriter and the includee also calls
getWriter, then their is no need to flush before the include.

cheers

Alex Sumner wrote:
> Seems to be a Jasper thing, exactly the same happens with Tomcat 4.0.4. If
> you programatically dispatch a request from within a JSP, either with
> something like this:
>
> <%RequestDispatcher rd = application.getRequestDispatcher("/Included.jsp");
>  rd.include(request, response);%>
>
> or with the equivalent code in a custom tag, then the output stream isn't
> flushed first, so the included stuff ends up before the stuff that preceeded
> it.

Greg Wilkins<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>          GB  Phone: +44-(0)7092063462
Mort Bay Consulting Australia and UK.    Mbl Phone: +61-(0)4 17786631
http://www.mortbay.com                   AU  Phone: +61-(0)2 98107029