Bugs item #594563, was opened at 2002-08-13 12:18
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=376685&aid=594563&group_id=22866

Category: CatalinaBundle
Group: v3.0 Rabbit Hole

Initial Comment:
OS: Win98
JDK: 1.4

I have some code that manually does a JSP include
by getting a RequestDispatcher.  The code worked
under Weblogic 5.1 and 6.  In Jboss/Catalina,
although there are no errors thrown, the output from
the included JSP gets put at the top of the containing
page rather than in the middle where it was called.
This is puzzling because it ought to be exactly the
same as a <jsp:include ...> tag (and I assume those
work!)

******Containing Page*******

<%= myObject.getOutput(request, response) %>

******* Object ********
  public String getOutput(HttpServletRequest request,
HttpServletResponse response) {
     RequestDispatcher dispatch =
context.getRequestDispatcher("someJSP.jsp");
     try {
           dispatch.include(request, response);
          } catch(Exception e){}
    return "";

The output from "someJSP.jsp" should go inside the
table, but instead it goes at the top of the containing
page.

Comment By: Alex Sumner (pqzx2)