jbossmx already has its own module specific test suite rather than
integrating with the jboss testsuite module so I would welcome the change
jason suggests where jboss testsuite integrates tests from individual modules if
they exist

-- Juha

 On Thu, 19 Sep 2002, David Jencks wrote:

> They'd probably solve the problem of 7 minutes to build to run a single
> test that I experience.
>
> Moving stuff to module specific test dirs would be a lot of work.  I wonder
> if instead we could make dir-specific generic build targets -- something
> like in ${test.module} run xdoclet, compile all classes, then run jar for
> ${test.module}, then run tests in that module also.  Sort of like "test"
> but limiting the xdoclet and jar tasks also.
>
> The build file is getting so large this might help make it more
> comprehensible also.
>
> david jencks
>
> On 2002.09.19 17:36:29 -0400 Scott M Stark wrote:
> >
> > I don't really see how module local tests are any improvement over the
> > test and
> > one-test targets in the existing testsuite module. In some ways it is a
> > problem
> > because now you have additional dependencies to build and run the tests
> > in
> > the module.
> >
> > xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > Scott Stark
> > Chief Technology Officer
> > JBoss Group, LLC
> > xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Juha Lindfors
Author of "JMX: Managing J2EE with Java Management Extensions"