Not "pure Java", no, but there are some reasonably portable native code tricks that
can get that information (which is what I've been working towards)

        -----Original Message-----
        From: Michael Bartmann [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
        Sent: Sun 9/22/2002 3:26 AM
        To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
        Subject: Re: [JBoss-dev] Health monitoring

        Nick Betteridge wrote:
        > One thing that I would find really useful is the ability to get each
        > thread size and process time which is somehow attributed to either a

        If I understand thread size as the total memory consumption of the thread
        I don't know any "pure Java" methods for obtaining these values.
        Even under Linux, where every thread is visible through the "ps" command,
        each of the processes reports the memory consumption of the whole jvm.
        I admit it would me a great feature...

        Regards,
        Michael Bartmann