> The original point was that JMS allows you transact the
> message put.  If the message put is part of the global unit
> of work and it has not committed, then no receiver can pick
> up the message (the put does not actually occur till we
> commit).  This really has VERY little to do with the fact the
> jms is asynchronous.

Well I think the crux of the problem is that there is no propagation of
context with the JMS message.

There is indeed a (weak) notion of transacting of sending and receiving
but essentially your transactional scope ends at the start of async
messages. Why ?

Sorry if I focused on one aspect of the talk, it is a topic that has
bothered me for about 3 years :), the web transaction is still in
pampers and many people see it as the ugly duckling.

marcf