So just to rephrase your comments:  Each component sets the implVersion and
implTitle to the component level values (eg. aop 1.1).  We want additional
values for the toplevel release, maybe releaseVersion and releaseTitle.

I'm guessing the best place to set these two manifest values is as a part of
the release target, using the Ant task from JBBUILD-5.

"[EMAIL PROTECTED]" wrote :
  | In terms of the repository, I don't see a problem with each module defining
its own repository/cvs. The issue is keeping that in step with reality. e.g.
Suppose I copy a binary from one repository to another, who updates the xml?

I guess you are right, components could theoretically have different
repositories.  However, this would seem rare for our usage at least.  Since we
don't want to have this duplicated in each file, maybe the default should be a
property which can be overriden with an attriibute in component info.

"[EMAIL PROTECTED]" wrote :
  | e.g. Does a problem occur if the component info from cvs disagrees with the
repository's version. Probably?

There is a problem if they differ, but not a fatal one.  I give preference to
the component-info from cvs.

View the original post :
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=3874019#3874019

Reply to the post :