-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Bill
Burke
Sent: Friday, February 03, 2006 9:04 PM
To: jboss-development@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [JBoss-dev] cglib vs javassit for proxies

You'll find that Javassist gives you a lot more flexibilty as it has a
built in javacompiler and can replace code for you.  With Javassist it
should be really easy to intercept field access for the EJB 3.0
requirements.

Steve Ebersole wrote:
> I sent this to a number of other lists, but forgot this one.
Apologies.
> I actually just today checked in a pluggable bytecode API into
> Hibernate.  Hibernate does now support either CGLIB or Javassist for
all
> bytecode services.
>
> As an aside, our experience with CGLIB has been very good.  Juozas
(one
> of the CGLIB developers) is very active in the Hibernate community and
> is always extremely responsive to any needs we might encounter.  My
$.02

> The reason for allowing Javassist to be used instead of CGLIB was
merely
> to allow a user choice.  Especially in the case of JBoss where
Javassist

--
Bill Burke
Chief Architect