Nothing to do with aop. I am just wondering about the usefulness of a
X.Y.ZZ.SNAPSHOT "release", since, from what I've seen from the listed
projects that just export a "snapshot" release for development purposes,
there will rarely be a need for releasing snapshots from multiple
branches, except the one where active development takes place.

Also, if you get to alphabetically compare them, 5.0.0.SNAPSHOT comes
after 5.0.0.GA, no?