Dear Marc,

I'm trying to just do this completely outside of an ear.  Is that possible?

I'm getting some exceptions when I try this.  jboss.xml, ejb-jar.xml (are
these approximately correct?) and the output log are below.  There are no
specific message I can see other than "Error thrown in operation deploy"

Many thanks!

Regards,

Rich Katz

jboss.xml contains:
===============
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<jboss>
  <enterprise-beans>
    <session>
      <ejb-name>AccountConferenceSession</ejb-name>
      <jndi-name>AccountConferenceSession</jndi-name>
       <ejb-ref>
               <ejb-ref-name>ConferenceSession</ejb-ref-name>
               <jndi-name>ConferenceSession</jndi-name>
       </ejb-ref>
       <ejb-ref>
            <ejb-ref-name>accountEJB</ejb-ref-name>
            <jndi-name>accountEJB</jndi-name>
      </ejb-ref>
    </session>

  </enterprise-beans>

</jboss>

ejb-jar.xml contains:
==============
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Cp1252"?>
<ejb-jar>
  <description>Conference Administration Component</description>
  <display-name>ConferenceSession</display-name>
  <enterprise-beans>
    <session>
      <ejb-name>ConferenceSession</ejb-name>
      <jndi-name>ConferenceSession</jndi-name>
      <home>com.hearme.vcs.ejb.ConferenceSessionHome</home>
      <remote>com.hearme.vcs.ejb.ConferenceSession</remote>
      <ejb-class>com.hearme.vcs.ejb.ConferenceSessionBean</ejb-class>
      <session-type>Stateless</session-type>
      <transaction-type>Bean</transaction-type>
    </session>
  </enterprise-beans>
</ejb-jar>

Run Log
[Auto deploy] Starting
[Auto deploy] Auto deploy of
file:/C:/jboss20/final/deploy/accountconference_ejb
.jar
[J2EE Deployer] Deploy J2EE application:
file:/C:/jboss20/final/deploy/accountco
nference_ejb.jar
[J2EE Deployer] Could not delete temporary file:
/C:/jboss20/final/bin/../tmp/de
ploy/copy1001.zip
[J2EE Deployer] Create application accountconference_ejb.jar
[J2EE Deployer] Installing EJB package: accountconference_ejb.jar
[J2EE Deployer] Starting module accountconference_ejb.jar
[Container factory]
Deploying:file:/C:/jboss20/final/bin/../tmp/deploy/accountco
nference_ejb.jar/ejb1002.jar
[Verifier] Verifying
file:/C:/jboss20/final/bin/../tmp/deploy/accountconference_
ejb.jar/ejb1002.jar
[Container factory] Deploying AccountConferenceSession
[J2EE Deployer] javax.management.RuntimeErrorException: Error thrown in
operatio
n deploy
[J2EE Deployer]         at
com.sun.management.jmx.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanSe
rverImpl.java:1642)
[J2EE Deployer]         at
com.sun.management.jmx.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanSe
rverImpl.java:1523)
[J2EE Deployer]         at
org.jboss.deployment.J2eeDeployer.startApplication(J2
eeDeployer.java:645)
[J2EE Deployer]         at
org.jboss.deployment.J2eeDeployer.deploy(J2eeDeployer
.java:137)
[J2EE Deployer]         at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
[J2EE Deployer]         at
com.sun.management.jmx.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanSe
rverImpl.java:1628)
[J2EE Deployer]         at
com.sun.management.jmx.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanSe
rverImpl.java:1523)
[J2EE Deployer]         at
org.jboss.ejb.AutoDeployer.deploy(AutoDeployer.java:3
32)
[J2EE Deployer]         at
org.jboss.ejb.AutoDeployer.run(AutoDeployer.java:268)

[J2EE Deployer]         at
org.jboss.ejb.AutoDeployer.startService(AutoDeployer.
java:311)
[J2EE Deployer]         at
org.jboss.util.ServiceMBeanSupport.start(ServiceMBean
Support.java:92)
[J2EE Deployer]         at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
[J2EE Deployer]         at
com.sun.management.jmx.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanSe
rverImpl.java:1628)
[J2EE Deployer]         at
com.sun.management.jmx.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanSe
rverImpl.java:1523)
[J2EE Deployer]         at
org.jboss.dependencies.DependencyManager.startMBean(D
ependencyManager.java:284)
[J2EE Deployer]         at
org.jboss.dependencies.DependencyManager.loadService(
DependencyManager.java:261)
[J2EE Deployer]         at
org.jboss.dependencies.DependencyManager.processServi
ce(DependencyManager.java:243)
[J2EE Deployer]         at
org.jboss.dependencies.DependencyManager.startMBeans(
DependencyManager.java:117)
[J2EE Deployer]         at org.jboss.Main.<init>(Main.java:162)
[J2EE Deployer]         at org.jboss.Main$1.run(Main.java:87)
[J2EE Deployer]         at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native
Me
thod)
[J2EE Deployer]         at org.jboss.Main.main(Main.java:83)
[J2EE Deployer] Destroying application accountconference_ejb.jar
[J2EE Deployer] deployment.cfg file deleted.
[J2EE Deployer] Could not remove file:
file:/C:/jboss20/final/tmp/deploy/account
conference_ejb.jar
[Auto deploy] Deployment
failed:file:/C:/jboss20/final/deploy/accountconference_
ejb.jar