Jules is correct, Contexts can not destinguish between multiple
listeners in the same HttpServer.   If you want to have listener
specific contexts, then you must have multiple servers.

The jboss-jetty module only takes a single config file, thus it
only starts a single HttpServer.   However I don't see why you can't
just start a second Jetty MBean on another config file which
contains the admin servlets.   I assume that all the MBeans are
loaded with the same classloader, so they can see each other?

cheers

Julian Gosnell wrote:

> Hmmmm....
>
> I have a feeling that Listeners do not act as a scope for Contexts as Contexts
> scope Servlets. I think the Listener space is global, in which case you simply
> kick off 2 HttpServers from the same config file (Greg - can you do this ?),
> and put one Listener in each.
>
> I shall forward this to Greg, Jetty's author, for a knowledgeable response.
>
> Jules
>

> "Lyon, Bruce" wrote:
>

>> Jules -
>>
>>         Thank you for the prompt response. That approach will do for now. I
>> just made some mistakes before about what path the servlets would end up
>> under, and consequently I was looking for them in the wrong place...
>>
>>         I know I can start multiple listeners in jetty.xml. If I wanted
>> different servlets to run under different listeners (on different ports),
>> how would I get a context to go with a particular listener?
>>
>> Bruce Lyon

Greg Wilkins<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>          GB Ph/Fax: +44(0)7092 063462
Mort Bay Consulting Australia and UK.          http://www.mortbay.com