Alright, I am back.

So I tried with your persistence.xml - and it works! It's the extra information 
(xmlns, xsi) that did the trick because I did have the name specified in my 
original persistence.xml. I gotta figure out what that extra bit does.

Anyhow, moving on, I tried to run the Client. But the JVM is complaining that 
the class cannot be found. Now I have a question regarding this. Does the JVM 
look for Client.class in the EJB-JAR file or the directory where the classes 
had been generated and placed during compilation?  

Just to refresh, my directory structure looks like this:

build.xml
src/main/java/org/rij/*.java 
src/main/resources/META-INF/persistence.xml
src/main/resources/jndi.properties

target/classes/org/rij/*.class (all of the class files)
target/classes/META-INF/persistence.xml
target/mojo.jar 

Also. the part of build file that runs the client is as follows:

  |     <target name="run.client" depends="ejbjar">
  |       <java classname="Client" fork="yes" dir=".">
  |         <classpath refid="classpath"/>
  |       </java>
  |     </target>
  | 

Since the classpath is important, here is the relevant part of the build file 
that sets the classpath. 

  |     <property environment="env"/>
  |         <property name="src.dir" value="${basedir}/src/main/java"/>
  |         <property name="src.resources" 
value="${basedir}/src/main/resources"/>
  |         <property name="jboss.dir" value="${env.JBOSS_HOME}"/>
  |         <property name="jboss.deploy.dir" 
value="${jboss.dir}/server/default/deploy"/>
  |     <property name="target.dir" value="${basedir}/target"/>
  |     <property name="target.classes.dir" value="${basedir}/target/classes"/>
  |     <property name="common.lib.one" 
value="C:/opt/jboss-5.0.0.GA/common/lib"/>
  |     <property name="common.lib.two" value="C:/opt/jboss-5.0.0.GA/client"/>
  | 
  |     
  |     
  |     <!-- Next, specify where the client app is. client-config which has 
JNDI properties -->
  |         <path id="classpath">
  |            <fileset dir="${common.lib.one}">
  |               <include name="*.jar"/>
  |            </fileset>
  |            <fileset dir="${common.lib.two}">
  |               <include name="*.jar"/>
  |            </fileset>
  |            <pathelement location="${target.dir}"/>
  |            <pathelement location="${target.classes.dir}"/>
  |         </path>     
  | 

The second pathelement tag shows the exact location of the class, in case the 
JVM looks for the class file specifically. If instead the EJB-JAR is used, then 
I have not explicitly mentioned that. But my assumption is that the deploy 
directory in default server is automatically scanned?

-Rij 

View the original post : 
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4219564#4219564

Reply to the post : 
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4219564
_______________________________________________
jboss-user mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.jboss.org/mailman/listinfo/jboss-user

Reply via email to