Hi,

I'm trying to setup 2 node cluster; 
Jboss 4.2.3
Jdk 1.5
APache 2.2 with mod_jk 1.2.x

On local desktop everything works fine; I configured 2 nodes (all and 
copy_of_all) on single machine and configured cluster. Application (.war file) 
is copied to '/all/farm/' directory and the same is notified to second node on 
startup. Loadbalancing, fail-over all works fine.

Now, I'm trying the same setup on remote linux boxes i.e.,  2 Jboss nodes on 2 
different boxes. In this case, the nodes are not recognizing the other cluster 
node.

On both the nodes, I see the following messages...

---------

15:18:02,378 INFO  [DefaultPartition] Number of cluster members: 1
15:18:02,378 INFO  [DefaultPartition] Other members: 0
15:18:02,378 INFO  [DefaultPartition] Fetching state (will wait for 30000 
milliseconds):
15:18:02,379 INFO  [DefaultPartition] State could not be retrieved (we are the 
first member in group)

---------
As I copied the application to "/farm" directory of node1 (of machine 1)... the 
application is served by the same node all the time. If I kill the node1 then, 
node2 throws 404 (As the application is not deployed on that)

As I remember I didn;t do anything extra while setting up locally. Do I need to 
setup something like multicasting for remote machines??

Am I missing anything?

Thanks,
Suresh

View the original post : 
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=viewtopic&p=4224155#4224155

Reply to the post : 
http://www.jboss.org/index.html?module=bb&op=posting&mode=reply&p=4224155
_______________________________________________
jboss-user mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.jboss.org/mailman/listinfo/jboss-user

Reply via email to