jaikiran pai [https://community.jboss.org/people/jaikiran] created the
discussion

"Re: Use plain @EJB for remote EJB lookup?"

To view the discussion, visit: https://community.jboss.org/message/820573#820573

> Mikal Henriksen wrote:
> I've done some more research, and I guess what it boils down to is that the
> client needs to know that name (whether default or custom); the interface
> alone plus the connection to the server is not enough to lookup and connect
> to the remote implementation.
Of course it has to know the name of the bean it is trying to communicate with.
A remote interface can be implemented by multiple beans. So it's upto the
client to tell the server which bean it is interested in communicating with.
> Mikal Henriksen wrote:
>
> Are there other approaches I can use to streamline this? Is this something
> domain deployment would help with?
Why are you trying to avoid the bean name usage?

Start a new discussion in JNDI and Naming at Community
[https://community.jboss.org/choose-container!input.jspa?contentType=1&containerType=14&container=2083]