On Fri, 2003-08-15 at 13:45, Barlow, Dustin wrote:
> In the invoker-proxy-binding configuration I still have the following
> stanzas under proxy-factory-config:
>
> <MaximumSize>15</MaximumSize>
> <MaxMessages>1</MaxMessages>
>
> I wasn't exactly sure what the MaximumSize was doing so I just left it at
> 15.  So, if I switch MaximumSize to 1, this may give me the behaviour I'm
> looking for?

It would make it better.

> I still am a bit fuzzy on the part where if the retry implementation is just
> simply pushing the message back onto the source queue, then there would be
> no way to guarantee that no other messages would be in front of that
> reposted message correct?  Or am I misunderstanding the MDB retry
> implementation in JBossMQ?

Let me do a little pseudo code:

1) ConnectionConsumer retrieves message1
2) ConnectionConsumer gets a session which enlists in the transaction
3) ConnectionConsumer asks for next message
4a) Session delivers message1 to the MDB
4b) ConnectionConsumer gets the next message2 and asks for Session
    (there are none available so wait)
5) MDB rollsback the transaction which nacks message1 back into the
queue
6) ConnectionConsumer reuses the session for message2
7) ConnectionConsumer asks for next message it is message1

It is step 4b that causes your problem.

NOTE: Other JMS implementations may not implement the ConnectionConsumer
the same way. This is not defined in the spec.

Regards,
Adrian