Hi all,

I have come to rely on the Emacs Code Browser (ECB) and would like to
integrate it into the JDE. This would entail making ECB yet another
external package required by the JDE. The benefit, however, is that the JDE
would provide facilities for using ECB, such as keybindings and menu items
for toggling ECB off-and-on and setting up ECB to browse
jde-db-source-directories. What do you think?

I've also started working on a Java-based netinstaller for the JDE that
would download and uncompress the JDE and all its required packages and set
up your .emacs file. I might even include installing Emacs itself (on
Windows) and cygwin as netinstaller options.

This should eventually eliminate the problem of having to download and
install so many packages.

- Paul