On Tue, 2004-10-05 at 15:18 -0400, Paul Kinnucan wrote:

> No this is a problem with Comint on some combinations of Emacs and the
> host operating system. I believe it may have something to do with how
> comint handles standard error input from an external process, e.g.,
> jdb. It's my impression that recent versions of Emacs or Linux have
> developed an incompatibility in this area. I cannot fix this problem
> without the active assistance of those who are experiencing it as I do
> not experience the problem on the versions of Emacs, Windows XP, and
> Linux that I use.

I'm willing to help you figure that out...

I just tried JDEBug, and that also doesn't work.  The JDEBug process
dies mysteriously shortly after I try to attach to a local process, with
no error message on the Emacs side.  However the stdout for the Java
process I'm connecting to says "Transport error, error code = -1".  I'm
using JDK 1.4.2_05 on Linux.  Do you know anything about that?

Raul