Karr, David writes:
 > I've decided to try experimenting with the jde debugger to see if it has
 > features that make it worth using over netbeans.
 >
 > I first set "jde-debugger" to "Jdebug" in customize.  Should I be using
 > Jdebug for this, or "jdb"?

I'd start with using the JDEE's interface to jdb. I revised the JDEE's
debug infrastructure recently and ported jdb to use the new
infrastructure. Still to be done is to port JDEbug. The jdb
interface appears to be pretty solid based on my use of it.

I've been using it to debug an XML application. This requires
putting the debugger in listen mode and then starting the other
application. It works very nicely. I am able to step through the
code and examine variable values.

Paul