I assume "attach" mode is further down the road, for either jdb or
Jdebug mode?

One question about functionality: In either debugger, is it possible
now, or expected, that if you get to a point where you're viewing the
value of a ByteArrayOutputStream, to be able to dynamically view the
contents as String (essentially view "new String(baos.toByteArray())")?