Henry S. Thompson wrote:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Henry S. Thompson) writes:
>
>> With [Klaus's conservative semantic settings] added, problem doesn't
>> occur immediately on editing a file, because Directory buffer/window
>> is never painted.
>>
>> And it doesn't seem to happen after synchronising windows, which
>> _does_ paint the Directory window.
>
> Oops, wrong, just didn't wait long enough -- a bit later, it did
> freeze again.
>
>> I'll try to remove some of your stuff to try to narrow things
>> down. . .
>
> However, looking at Klaus's subsequent message, and yes, I _am_ using
> cygwin xemacs build,
>
> (setq
>  ecb-prescan-directories-for-emptyness nil
>  ecb-vc-enable-support nil)

Do not know if you work with version-controlled files... but if yes i would
recommend only switching off the empty-dir-check (i.e. setting
ecb-prescan-directories-for-emptyness to nil) and try if ecb-vc-enable-support
switched on (recommended-value is 'unless-remote) is ok for you. switch the
latter
one only off when the problem still is there...

Ciao,
Klaus

P.S.
I think i should write a problem-report to the XEmacs-list about the really
slow and delayed response-time of (input-pending-p) in combination with
cygwin-file-operations.....