Hi,
In malabar we use groovysh instead of cider.  I am a great fan of Clojure but
groovysh has a couple of advantages.
First, grape.  This allows the JVM code to be installed and run without the
user needing to install and maintain it seperately. It has really helped in
making sure all the dependencies are available without making an uber jar.
Second, it allows the user to have a beanshell type environment but which is
well supported.  It is a nice balance of Java and scripting.
Finally, it is well supported.  It is easy to install using sdkman and is kept
up to date with the JVM.
Thoughts? I am, very sincerely and truly, your Friend and Well-Wisher, Matthew
O. Smith Programmer / Analyst - Senior http://www.ferociousflirting.com