The reason we talked about Clojure is it works nicely with Emacs Lisp.  With
beanshell there's lots of moving around bits of code that have little meaning
in Emacs Lisp, which would be the case with Groovy.

That said, there's not a lot of development going on and if you wanted to try a
few things in a branch I'd be open to that.

Is it possible to migrate it over not using grovvysh?  Otherwise we're adding
another scripting language with (once again) not getting rid of beanshell,
which would add bloat.