Hey all,

I 100% agree that a certification process would help drive adoption of
JEP's. The long JEP list is simply way too daunting for new client
authors at the moment, and knowing which JEP's are "blessed" by the
community would help those authors greatly, and would encourage them to
do the extra work of supporting more than basic XMPP.

I think a big part of this debate has boiled down to semantics. It's
pretty easy to agree that it would be useful for client authors to know
which experimental JEP's will likely soon be required for certification
(after those JEP's are no longer experimental). What to actually label
those JEP's is another question. They could be "recommended", or
"upcoming", or some other label -- basically it should just tell people
that they should start working on supporting a set of experimental JEP's
so that:

 1) They can be ready for when they are required during ceritification.
 2) They can provide practical feedback on the JEP and help move it from
experimental to certified.

The label debate shouldn't distract from the larger issue, though, which
is that it would be great to have a certification process in place.

Regards,
Matt