I'm having the idea of adding a feature which tests s2s features of the servers. The monitoring core would try to connect to each server via s2s to check the available features (encryption, etc.).

What do you think?

On 9/21/06, Richard Dobson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Lucas Nussbaum wrote:
> On 21/09/06 at 08:57 +0200, Tobias Markmann wrote:
>
>> If you'll pay the outgoing SMSs, no problem. ;)
>> Technically I could use a jabber2sms gateway like aspsms-t so that isn't
>> really a problem.
>>

> Email is probably more reliable than relying on third party gateway: I
> wouldn't want to lose such notifications!

Plus if you really want to receive an SMS most mobile providers offer
email to SMS.

Richard