That sounds okay for me. Even if the problem is similar in my eyes to i.e. Google's caching feature since I don't believe they ask all webmaster whether they are allowed to mirror their pages or not. I'll also extend the monitoring part to keep the accounts vCard with up to date information what the bot is doing and a JID of mine. So they contact me and I'll keep them out of the monitoring program and for new accounts I'll ask before.

But back to the initial topic. Any ideas on monitoring XMPP network which aren't mentioned yet?