up to me if there is a problem), and I'm lazy. :-) And I tend to dislike
centralization anyway...

Note, that in the initial message of this thread, I was proposing a consensus solution:
* no hosting service at jabber.org
* central listing service with next interesting (IMO) features:
** centralised
** only active projects
** easier to see which projects are inactive (and are thus an opportunity for new contributors!)
** a clean, plain and simple list is sufficient

So, projects can choose their hosting service, but still they can be listed on a central list of *active* XMPP projects.

Use cases:
* "What XMPP software should I use?"-->"I prefer this and that project, and a full list is available at: http://ActiveProjectsList"; * "I want to write my own XMPP software. Where should I start?"-->"Contribute to an active project, see http://ActiveProjectsList or take over maintainorship of one of these inactive projects: http://InActiveProjectsList";
* "Which active projects support XMPP?"
* "What is the XMPP community?"-->"See the whole xmpp.org website including the page of active XMPP projects." * "Is it worth to implement XMPP support? Are there any other projects that my software will become compatible with?"

--
Mvg, Sander Devrieze.