All of this information is nice to have, however, it all seems like it
would cause my logon to fail even when SASL is disabled.  However, as
soon as I disable SASL (even on the client), I am able to connect.  In
other words, without changing the server configuration at all, I can
connect if I tell the client not to use encryption.  Doesn't this
basically mean my ntlogon etc. is configured correctly?