Florent wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have seen this week only that James Bunton no longer wanted to continue
> developing the MSN transport, since all his friends are now using Jabber.

Perhaps that's a sign of the times. :)

> I'm also applying for two other GSoC projects, but this one is the most
> motivating for me.

Personally, I have not used any of the transports in many years. While I
understand that many Jabber users still like and use transports to the
legacy IM services, I am not convinced that working on transports is an
appropriate topic for the Google Summer of Code. I plan to give my votes
to projects that improve or extend XMPP itself, not provide bridges to
closed technologies.

My $0.02.

Peter

--