Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> Stephan Maka wrote:
>> "Sergei Golovan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>> I guess spaces are added to allow line breaking. Hash is computed for
>>> the string without spaces.
>>> Remove http://jabber.org/protocol/caps< from a hashed string and
>>> you'll get the desired hash value.
>> Great, that works. Thank you very much.

>>> It looks like a bug in XEP.
>
> Yes, thanks for the bug report. I'll regenerate the hash (clearly the
> entities support http://jabber.org/protocol/caps so it doesn't make
> sense to remove that from "S").

Well, I removed 'http://jabber.org/protocol/caps' from "S" because I
couldn't duplicate the results any other way. :) Typically I generate
the hashes using this command:

  echo -n 'S' | openssl dgst -binary -sha1 | openssl enc -nopad -base64

However, that doesn't work for this example because it has the Greek
character Ψ in the string and that character is not properly encoded at
the command line on my system. IIRC Joe Hildebrand generated that hash
for me using Jabber-Net.

Peter

--
Peter Saint-Andre