I think it would be valuable to hold a groupchat once a month as a venue
for community discussion. I'm calling this the "Monthly XMPP Meeting" or
MXM (you can pronounce it like "mix 'em"). I propose that we hold the
first discussion this Thursday, March 12, at 20:00 UTC in the chatroom
at j...@conference.jabber.org. If there are topics you'd like me to put
on the agenda, please let me know. Otherwise I'll just make it up. :)

OK, I came up with a theme for this meeting: "Why I Hate XMPP". :)

https://stpeter.im/?p=2528
Nice idea... I'd like to add lack of full XML and namespace support (ok, maybe not XML with notations, external DTDs, etc., but processing instructions could have been handy)... But moving forward, no outlawing of namespaced attributes anywhere, and especially true namespacing in Data Forms... (and perhaps requiring acceptance of <s:stream xmlns:s='...'/>, etc., while we're at it).

Brett