Peter Saint-Andre wrote:
> For me the idea here is that jabber.org will be the community-driven
> "running code" laboratory for the formal "rough consensus" technologies
> produced by the XMPP Standards Foundation. The goal is to build an open
> and distributed IM, presence, data, and VoIP service that can provide a
> realistic alternative to closed systems like Skype.

We should be prepared to answer the question why Jabber? My sister has a
Skype account and her friends also have one. Why should she download
this Jabber thing? Don't answer with freedom and open -- that has no
meaning for the average user.

Dirk

--
Microsoft Windows didn't get as bad as it is overnight -- it took over ten
years of careful development