Hello all,

I've been asked to add invisibility to my XMPP-based application. The
server I'm running currently, ejabberd 2.1.x, supports XEP-0018 but I get
the impression that relying on it is a bad idea. If I will be using clients
that are mostly, but perhaps not entirely in some cases, under my own
control (ie web based clients where I've personally written the code), what
is the recommended practice for supporting invisibility? Should I just
follow the recommendation of XEP-0126? Is there an alternative that today's
software supports?

Also, regarding XEP-0126 specifically: again, assuming the client is under
my control, is there a way to know at time of login whether the current
user has already created the relevant privacy lists?

thanks,
Dan