On 30 April 2012 18:02, Peter Saint-Andre <stpe...@stpeter.im> wrote:
> On 4/30/12 9:45 AM, Dave Cridland wrote:
>> On Mon Apr 30 17:17:12 2012, Daniel Dormont wrote:
>>> I've been asked to add invisibility to my XMPP-based application.
>>
>> I think the "right" thing is to use XEP-0186, but that's seen very
>> limited support on the server.
>>
>> I'm increasingly finding some interesting use-cases for invisibility,
>> such as email clients that need to be presence aware - I don't see a
>> need for confusing the contacts' roster by showing myself online when
>> I'm not, as such.
>
> Isn't that presence with negative priority?

Most clients will show clients with negative priority. You can still
send direct messages to them, for example - so I might do it on my
phone or another device I don't want to receive bare-JID messages. I
think Dave's case is more an automated client that doesn't want to
send any presence to contacts at all, but still wants to receive
presence from them.

Regards,
Matthew