Sounds good. Created https://github.com/jenkinsci/build-user-vars-plugin

On 02/14/2012 10:43 AM, Gavriil Konovalenko wrote:
"column" is particular case. More generally this plugin just sets build
variables with details of the user, started the build, so I suggest to
stop with: "build-user-vars-plugin" (or ...-variables-...).

Thanks for advise, I'll have a look. Now I'm doing it using
build.getCause(...): first trying to get information from
UserIdCause.class (username & id), and if it isn't available (may be due
to usage of older version of Jenkins), then use UserCause.class.

On Tue, Feb 14, 2012 at 10:36 PM, Kohsuke Kawaguchi