On 09/20/2012 03:16 PM, Kohsuke Kawaguchi wrote:
numbers are available as symlinks but not in all the platforms

By the way those platforms should be significantly expanded as of 646154f.

the class now extends from AbstractList and not from ArrayList

Safer to not have publicly accessible classes extend anything at all: define a factory method returning List or some interface extending List, or do not directly implement List but provide a List asList() adapter method. Too late for this case of course but may be a useful habit for the future.

if there's some code in Jenkins or plugins that tries to eagerly load all the
build records of all the jobs

Such as Jenkins.getPeople?

[2] https://github.com/jenkinsci/jenkins/compare/master...lazy-load

Missing @since on various newly added members.

dir = File.createTempFile("lazyload","test") could probably use Util.createTempDir, but ideally there would be a mockable interface for the list of build directories to begin with.

(By the way the reason I would do this sort of change in a forked repository and file a pull request—even when permissions would allow me to just use a branch in jenkinsci/jenkins—is so it is possible to comment on individual lines in the aggregate diff: GitHub only allows line comments on single commits and pull requests, not general branch comparisons. Also a to-do list could live in the pull request’s description rather than a note.txt in the branch.)