Hi,
I don't have issues with the technical reasons this definitely make
sense to me! (I don't know exactly how it will works with the LTS but
probably not a big problem).
I apologize if you found my email rude.
But it's due to the context :-).
I was not very active those last weeks (months) so with the help of
traveling I decided to help two users who ping me for a pull request
and an issue.
So I was very frustated when trying to rebase/merge when everything
failed due to the scm move and after searching any email related to
that, my first reaction was a sort: "What the hell here!!".
Due to a very early alarm clock, I was probably to grumpy and need to
write a complain! :-)

So again I don't have any issue with this move but I would have been
happy to see an email announcing it.

Sorry again for my "rude" email but you must understand it's part of
the French culture to be grumpy most of the time and grumble a lot :-)

Cheers
--
Olivier

On 9 October 2013 03:46, Kohsuke Kawaguchi <k...@kohsuke.org> wrote:

> It is my fault I pushed this into the master without prior announcement. I
> apologize for that. I somehow did feel like this already had a reasonable
> consensus, but still there was no good reason for not asking. I'll be more
> mindful in the future.
>
> And if this is causing pain to somebody, I'm willing to roll it back. Since
> it hasn't hit the mainline update center yet, we can still roll it back and
> plan this in more coordinated manner.
>

> The motivation was purely technical, in that the actual release cycles of
> this plugin wasn't really in sync with that of the core, and it was odd that
> two plugins are a part of the core source tree, when all the other bundled
> plugins (such as Subversion) are in their own repos. So "normalizing" it
> felt like it is a good thing.
>
> Its test execution time was also dominating the build time of the core.
>
> Needless to say, I do not plan on revisiting the bundling of this plugin
> into jenkins.war.
>

> On 10/07/2013 02:01 PM, Christoph Kutzinski wrote:
>>
>> Olivier, it's now at https://github.com/jenkinsci/maven-plugin
>>
>> I was a also a bit surprised that it was moved without any prio
>> announcement - or question if it was cause issues for someone ...
>>
>> cheers
>> Kutzi
>>
>> Am 07.10.2013 22:04, schrieb Olivier Lamy:
>>>
>>> What happened with the maven plugin?
>>> Did I miss the announcement saying the scm location has changed?
>>> Or an email asking if it will cause an issue to someone?
>>> What is the technical (business?) reason to not ask?
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>> --
>>> Olivier
>>>
>>> --