Has someone a workaround for that problem if the plugin/libray to release is
not in the top-level folder of a git project?

My findbugs plugin is divided into
- findbugs-plugin/library shaded findbugs library
- findbugs-plugin/plugin actual findbugs plugin

When I try to release maven does only publish a SNAPSHOT.