On 04/23/2014 09:45 PM, Jesse Glick wrote:
On Wed, Apr 23, 2014 at 8:24 AM, Christopher Orr <ch...@orr.me.uk> wrote:
I think you probably want to set the minimum Jenkins version to 1.509 rather
than 1.509.4.

It is up to the plugin dev, but I find it useful to specify an LTS
branch tip version rather than the correspondingly weekly branch point
as a baseline because:

ยท Sometimes backported fixes necessarily included small new APIs, and
these can be important to make sure your plugin takes advantage of a
fix in core or a framework provided in core to let plugins avoid a
class of problem. RunAction2, backported to 1.509.3, is an example: it
is very important to use this, and it is not in 1.509.

Ahh, ok.  Fair point!

Chris